Udgivet d. 16 Nov. 2001 af:
Bo Krüger Hansen
- The data block is subdivided ("striped") and written on the data disks. Stripe parity is generated on Writes, recorded on the parity disk and checked on Reads.
- RAID Level 3 requires a minimum of 3 drives to implement.
- Very high Read data transfer rate
- Very high Write data transfer rate
- Disk failure has an insignificant impact on throughput
- Low ratio of ECC (Parity) disks to data disks means high efficiency
- Transaction rate equal to that of a single disk drive at best (if spindles are synchronized)
- Controller design is fairly complex
- Very difficult and resource intensive to do as a "software" RAID
Back to RAID main page.
- Video Production and live streaming
- Image Editing
- Video Editing
- Prepress Applications
- Any application requiring high throughput
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in D:\tekweb.dk\nimda\stats.php on line 16
Der kunne ikke forbindes