> Commands N-Z
> Commands N
Adds or deletes a messaging name (alias) at a computer.
A messaging name is a name to which messages are sent.
Displays the names accepting messages at the computer:
- Specifies the name to receive messages. The name can have as
many as 15 characters.
- Adds a name to a computer. Typing /ADD is optional; typing
NET NAME name works the same way as typing NET NAME name
- Removes a name from a computer.
A computer's list of names comes from three places:
- Message names, which are added with NET NAME
- A computername, which is added as a name when the Workstation
service is started. This name cannot be deleted.
- A username, which is added as a name when you log on, if it
is not being used at another computer. This name can be deleted.
- Windows NT